Thursday, October 30, 2008

ExDetectives/The Tail at The Derby

The opening band Versaille were three goths who sounded like Keane - I'm not even going to go there...

ExDetectives played a solid set including a new arrangement of my least favorite song 'Return', which is morphing from Jefferson Airplane into My Bloody Valentine and suits Meriah's vocal a lot better. At least it didn't morph into Jefferson Starship...



The Tail celebrated Halloween a couple of days early (at least I hope thats what they were doing...) with Maiana dressed as a character from Cats (ie a cat) and Ted doing his best Pirates of the Caribbean. There's no doubt their songs are damn catchy although somewhat stuck in an 80's timewarp. Ted's swashbuckling guitar was again the main focal point and reminded me a little of James Honeyman-Scott, which is an improvement on the Andy Summers vibe I was getting last time I saw them...

No comments: