Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Georgia on my mind...

The gym at work has taken to blasting out country music. I'm not sure how this is going to help you lose weight (except by vomiting) and I always like a bit of house or techo when I'm working out. I wonder if the bpm has something to do with it, the bpm for a regular house track is around 130 which is probably what your heart should be beating at - although after running for a few minutes mine is racing at jungle bpm! Anyways, as I was getting dressed they were playing 'The Devil went down to Georgia' and it occurred to me the story was blatantly lifted from somewhere else:

If you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold.
But if you lose, the devil gets your soul...

Ring any bells? Ingmar Bergman, a game of chess, the Seventh Seal, Scott Walker?

Photobucket

No comments: